Monday, November 9, 2009

November happenings

I want to thank everyone who has called me about turning in the proxies - as you may know, we have had to rescheduled the Annual meeting for the last 2 years because of lack of resident participation. Not this year. The annual meeting will be held Tues Nov 10 at 7p at the Clubhouse. pls plan on arriving slightly early to ensure you have a seat - i believe it may turn into standing room only.

I received some calls on sidewalk repair being done throughout the neighborhood. FYI, this is a Pinellas County initiative as they are liable and responsible for sidewalks, not WLV. I am sorry if this has caused any inconvenience, but pls call Pinellas County DoT with any issues.

Along the same lines, I rec'd some inquiries about tree-cutting on the blvd. As with the sidewalks, this is also a Pinellas County project. I did have the opportunity to chat quickly with a field supervisor who said the trees being removed are NON-NATIVE (eucalyptus) and have caused repeated road cracking. They will work with us after winter to replaant native trees.

No comments: