Every day I pick up the newspaper (actually I read it online) and I read about fights, assualts, theft, even murder - I think to myself "That's a shame to have to live in fear of _______."
Unfortunately, my rose-colored glasses broke yesterday when I heard what happened to one of our neighbors, Greg Foley and his family.
Rather than recite what I have been told, I am copying Greg's email here so you can read it in his words:
"FYI, our house (on Sandy Hook Rd) was broken into early this morning by a young white male approximately 6'2" medium build,dark clothing, hat & gloves. My wife's screams & our dog's barking scared him off but not before he took our wallets & a laptop that we found outside. Too hard to conceal I imagine. He discharged a taser in our home that fortunately hit no one.
We have three people who saw the suspect in the neighborhood & the Sheriff's department is working on it (Case # 07-218631). If anyone saw anything or anyone suspicious this morning (Saturday) between 5 & 7 please call the sheriff's dept @ 582-6200 & reference the case #.
Those in the area may want to check for anything missing. Suspect was seen at Lakeside @ Sandy Hook @ 6:10 am before he hit us.
Thanks,
Greg"
UPDATE:
1) Access to Greg's home was through an unlocked side garage door - check your right now.
2) The laptop was found outside, but the wallets are still missing.
If you know anything at all or think you may have seen something that relates to this incident, please call the PCSO with the case number.
Also, be observant as you go through your day to day routine - if you see someone who is unfamiliar or just looks out-of-place, please call me, a Board member, or the PCSO.
Trust your instincts - most often than not you will be correct.
Respectfully, Rich C.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment