Ok, I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't do a great deal of driving on the Blvd, except to go to/from work and run errands. On Saturday, on my way home from the office, I decided to do what I had been wanting to do for awhile - pick up the debris that detracted from the beauty of our Boulevard.
What I thought might take me 10 minutes stretched into 3/4 of an hour! I had 1 grocery store plastic bag on me, which should be enough, right? WRONG! Although I didn't weigh it, I am quite sure it was at least 5 lbs. of garbage, but it could have been more!
THE WORST PART: 30% - 40% of the refuse collected was some sort of container for alcoholic beverages...beer cans, mini liquor bottles, beer bottles, etc.
I hope that the percentage of beverage containers does not correlate to the same percentage of drivers who are consuming those beverages while driving our Blvd...something to think about.
Later.
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment