Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Tennis Courts

As part of our Capital Improvement Program to keep Westlake Village in tip-top shape, the Board is moving ahead with finishing the Tennis Court remodel after a year delay. The last 2 courts have been re-surfaced and are "curing", thus allowing all tennis enthusiasts to enjoy new courts all the time.

Notice how I said tennis enthusiasts…I have fielded reports from concerned residents about people using skateboards on our new tennis courts, which has already begun to damage the surfacing. At the same time, the fences are starting to show signs of bowing as people slam into them doing who-knows-what.

Additionally, I also hear complaints about people allowing their dog(s) on both the tennis court and in the pool area where they run free and do their business. This is unacceptable and I would expect residents who witness this to inform the people that this is not allowed in our community.

When it comes down to it, these Common Area assets are just as much YOURS as they are other resident’s and you should feel fully empowered to enforce the rules (and common sense). Please, no skateboards, in-line skates, hockey sticks, Razor scooters, bikes, etc on the tennis courts. Those tennis courts cost $10,000+ to resurface and we don’t want to resurface them again prematurely!

Adios.

No comments: