Every week I update this blog with good info, tips, and please for volunteers. I would like to take this opportunity to offer you a referral that may save you a ton of money and sweat. But first...
***Westlake Village Civic Association does not endorse nor recommend any vendors to our residents and receives no compensation of any sort****
Last week, our A/C condenser outside started making noises reminicent of Linda Blair in "The Exorcist". It was so bad it would wake us up in the middle of the night as it kicked on and off. Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, woo, woo, woo...at 13 years of age, I thought for sure we would need a new condenser unit.
We normally use a large local company, but my wife had a colleague who HIGHLY recommended another A/C guy. As a realtor, I have come to realize the intrinsic value of maintaining a referral list and working EXCLUSIVELY with vendors who have a proven track record.
I called Greg barnes of Dixie's Heating and Cooling, Inc. He came out in a prompt manner and proceeded to get to work. The first thing he noticed was the contactor had partially burned away after 13 years of Florida summers. It couldn't make full contact each and every time, hence the bangs we were hearing.
Part of his check included testing the freon level. he likened it to oil in a car - it should never be too low and NEVER be too high - ours had an overpressure situation, which Greg professionally adjusted.
His rates are very very competitive and he's always professional. I just had him work on my mother-in-law's compressor and I couldn't be more satisfied.
His number is 727.488.4478 - give him a call if you start sweating profusely - with the a/c at full blast!
Monday, July 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment